This is a simple list of general guidelines for the wiki.
- Spam, post external links excessively, or use excessive uppercase
- Harass other users for any reason, including discrimination based on race, gender, nationality, religion, or orientation
- Constantly dispute or counter productively edit-war
- Bash or threaten a user.
- Plagiarize or post information without a source
- Post mature content, including profanity and sexually explicit content.
- Vandalize, make unconstructive edits, or edit solely for the purpose of getting badges
- Join the wiki without being 13 or older, not following a standard of writing expected from a young adult (see Children's Online Privacy Protection Act)
- Advertise for one's business.
- Badge game, meaning make unconstructive edits for badges.
- Edit other user pages besides your own (unless the user gives you permission to)
- Removing content from pages (except when you know that it is false). That is vandalism.
Breaking any of the rules above may lead to consequences such as a block.
Suggestions for editing
The purpose of Bruno Mars Wiki is to provide a comprehensive and accurate source of information about Bruno Mars for its visitors. These are important recommendations to consider when editing:
- Preview before publishing. Oftentimes, clicking the preview button helps you catch red links, messy formatting, or other mistakes so that you don't have to correct it again.
- Include sources in all trivia. This helps people access the original source if a statement may arouse contentions.
- Include an edit summary in past tense. Especially when making big additions or removals, it is helpful to see in the page's history when big chance were made.